时间:2025-04-03 10:36:35 来源:网络整理编辑:知識
High schoolers around the country just cried out in unified despair: Their precious mint pods are no
High schoolers around the country just cried out in unified despair: Their precious mint pods are not long for this world.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Thursday issued new guidelines meant to curb the youth vaping epidemic that, among other actions, will officially halt the sale of mint Juul pods. The rules, which go into effect in 30 days time, focus on cartridge-based e-cigarettes and follow Juul's voluntary move to cease mint pod sales late last year.
A voluntary halt in sales, however, is a far cry from an FDA crackdown. The new enforcement priorities make it official: Mint-flavored pods are now history.
"Under this policy, companies that do not cease manufacture, distribution and sale of unauthorized flavored cartridge-based e-cigarettes (other than tobacco or menthol) within 30 days risk FDA enforcement actions," reads an FDA statement accompanying the new guidelines.
The mint cartridge was reportedly the most popular flavor among tenth and twelfth graders who Juul, and CNBC reported in November that the flavor made up 70 percent of Juul's U.S. pod sales.
Notably, the FDA claims this ban is not actually a new ban. Rather, it says it has simply decided that now is the time to selectively enforce its power against some flavored pods — flavored pods like mint, but not menthol.
"[Health and Human Services] is taking a comprehensive, aggressive approach to enforcing the law passed by Congress, under which no e-cigarettes are currently on the market legally," HHS secretary Alex Azar said in the FDA statement.
This move is being criticized by at least one U.S. senator who sees the exception for non-cartridge flavors, like the kind you might find in more complicated e-cigarette rigs sold in vape shops, as an industry give away.
"I’m deeply disturbed that industry lobbyists were able to get President Trump to gut the ban on flavors that the FDA was belatedly planning," wrote Oregon Sen. Jeff Merkley in a statement. "Instead, this announcement is simply saying that FDA will target its enforcement on flavors, and even then it is carving out loopholes for tobacco and menthol flavors, and vape shops."
SEE ALSO:Juul CEO super 'sorry' he got your teens addicted to fat cloudsSo yeah, the overall vaping picture is complicated. One thing, though, is not: As things currently stand, mint pods will not be coming with you into this bold new decade.
TopicsHealth
New Zealand designer's photo series celebrates the elegance of aging2025-04-03 10:00
曼聯官宣與B費續約 簽到2026年附加一年延長選項2025-04-03 09:44
無緣卡塔爾世界杯球星陣容:伊布領銜 哈蘭德在列2025-04-03 09:18
韓喬生:有留洋實力的球員不少 像戴偉浚、朱辰傑 、段劉愚2025-04-03 09:14
There's a big piece of fake chicken stuck to this phone case2025-04-03 09:03
世界杯H組賽程 :葡萄牙末輪戰韓國 C羅PK孫興慜2025-04-03 08:52
女足美女國門曬易烊千璽簽名照 :期待能有真正同框一天2025-04-03 08:45
津媒:田依濃接近加盟津門虎 5外援配置基本確定2025-04-03 08:15
'Rocket League' Championship Series Season 2 offers $250,000 prize pool2025-04-03 08:13
韓媒 :韓國成FIFA排名改革受益者 實現了地位提升2025-04-03 08:12
U.S. government issues warning on McDonald's recalled wearable devices2025-04-03 10:16
世界杯D組解簽 :衛冕冠軍法國警惕魔咒 其餘三隊廝殺2025-04-03 09:54
卡塔爾世界杯賽程變更 :揭幕戰改為荷蘭VS塞內加爾2025-04-03 09:51
女足美女國門曬易烊千璽簽名照:期待能有真正同框一天2025-04-03 09:45
Man stumbles upon his phone background in real life2025-04-03 09:38
滬媒:李霄鵬的表現難以服眾 很可能提前走人2025-04-03 09:29
國足12強賽總結尚未開始 李霄鵬去留將由管理方研究決定2025-04-03 09:24
無緣卡塔爾世界杯球星陣容 :伊布領銜 哈蘭德在列2025-04-03 09:12
Olympic security asks female Iranian fan to drop protest sign2025-04-03 08:29
真相?阿布參加和談非中毒 而是被催淚瓦斯彈炸傷2025-04-03 07:57