时间:2025-04-03 10:38:12 来源:网络整理编辑:娛樂
Irish boxer Michael Conlan lost to Russia's Vladimir Nikitin by unanimous decision in the Olympics q
Irish boxer Michael Conlan lost to Russia's Vladimir Nikitin by unanimous decision in the Olympics quarterfinals Tuesday after a controversial ruling that had many crying foul.
Hours later, Conlan upped the ante by tweeting at Vladimir Putin to ask the Russian president how much he paid to rig the match.
SEE ALSO:NBA stars fall in love with beach volleyball at the OlympicsYou can read the full match report here, but, per the BBC, the gist of Conlan's controversial loss goes like this: Conlan appeared to win the first round, but judges marked it in Nikitin's favor; Conlan won the second round by a point; judges ruled the third and final round for Nikitin, even though Conlan again seemed to be getting the better of the fight.
Conlan unloaded on the judges and the Amateur International Boxing Association (AIBA) in a post-match interview, which we'll get to in a second. But first, here's his subsequent tweet at Putin, alleging an undue Russian influence on the match's outcome. (The kissy face is a nice touch, too.)
Hey Vlad @PutinRF_Eng
— Michael Conlan (@mickconlan11) August 16, 2016
How much did they charge you bro?? @AIBA_Boxing #Rio2016 😘
Conlan, who is 24 years old, entered the Olympics with high hopes. He won bronze at the 2012 London Games and last year in Qatar captured the amateur world championship for his weight division. He is expected to turn pro after Rio, and hoped to end his amateur career in golden style.
After Tuesday's controversial decision, Conlan made no effort to hide his anger. He directed an obscene gesture at the judges, gave a two thumbs down signal and motioned to fans as he stomped shirtless about the ring.
"My dream has been shattered. It's been robbed," he told the BBC.
"I came for gold and I've been cheated," Conlan said. "I'll not do another Olympics. I would advise anybody not to compete for the AIBA."
Here's more of Conlan's emotional post-fight interview.
Incredible post-fight interview from Michael Conlan... #Olympics #boxing pic.twitter.com/MYcPxjxN0d
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) August 16, 2016
Now, is it reallypossible that Conlan was cheated, and that Putin had something to do with it?
That's quitethe accusation, but we've seen before how Putin likes to blur the lines between sports, politics and geopolitical antagonism.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
TopicsOlympics
Michael Phelps says goodbye to the pool with Olympic gold2025-04-03 10:17
That's not the Batmobile. It's Ferrari's new, already2025-04-03 10:10
Every episode of 'Star Trek' is now available on Netflix UK2025-04-03 10:05
Hollywood director James Cameron wants you to check out New Zealand2025-04-03 09:51
Wikipedia co2025-04-03 09:50
Demi Lovato strips down for sultry new single, 'Body Say'2025-04-03 09:33
Netflix renews 'Bloodline' for third season2025-04-03 09:04
Adele paid tribute to Prince, but not with a cover2025-04-03 08:57
Dressage horse dancing to 'Smooth' by Santana wins gold for chillest horse2025-04-03 08:36
Mom writes moving thank you to American Girl company for displaying dolls without hair2025-04-03 08:25
This coloring book is here for all your relationship goals2025-04-03 10:36
'Hedgehog Officer' is the most delightful job title in all the land2025-04-03 10:31
Private spaceflight trade group rebrands itself to look more like NASA2025-04-03 10:31
Demi Lovato strips down for sultry new single, 'Body Say'2025-04-03 10:13
Did our grandparents have the best beauty advice?2025-04-03 09:55
'Hedgehog Officer' is the most delightful job title in all the land2025-04-03 09:21
After backlash, NRA responds to Philando Castile shooting, but doesn't say much2025-04-03 09:07
Facebook Messenger has more than 11,000 bots2025-04-03 08:21
Nancy Pelosi warns colleagues after info hacked2025-04-03 08:21
Snapchat may be outgrowing its disappearing photos2025-04-03 07:58