时间:2025-04-03 17:23:30 来源:网络整理编辑:探索
Joe Biden is moving forward after the death of his son Beau, but it doesn't sound like he's ready to
Joe Biden is moving forward after the death of his son Beau, but it doesn't sound like he's ready to put the White House behind him just yet.
The former vice president caught up with Vanity Fair'sDavid Kamp to chat about his upcoming book, Promise Me, Dad,in which he writes about his family and life after the White House. Perhaps most notably, Obama's BFF straight up said he's not ruling out a 2020 presidential run.
SEE ALSO:Joe Biden writes Julia Louis-Dreyfus the sweetest tweet ever, from one veep to another"I haven’t decided to run, but I’ve decided I’m notgoing to decide not to run," Biden said when Kamp asked about 2020. "We’ll see what happens."
Earlier in the interview Biden revealed that though he had fully planned to run for president in 2016, the heartbreaking death of his 46-year-old son Beau left him reeling, and he ultimately withdrew himself from the race.
Had his son not been battling brain cancer, Biden would have run without question, he told Vanity Fair. "I had planned on running, and I wasn’t running againstHillary or Bernie or anybody else. Honest to God, I thought that I was the best suited for the moment to be president."
Biden also said Beau had been the biggest supporter of his potential candidacy. "At one point he said it was my obligation to run, my duty," he wrote in his book. "Duty was a word Beau Biden did not use lightly."
"At one point he said it was my obligation to run, my duty."
But, after learning Beau had Stage IV glioblastoma, the VP felt it'd be best to put the campaign planning on hold.
Biden explained to Vanity Fairthat he'd been unable to commit to the necessary rigorous speech schedule. In addition, President Obama hinted that he should sit the 2016 election out because he felt Clinton's organization was ready.
Now that Biden has had some time to himself and a chance to see Trump running the White House, things could be different. That's not to say he wouldn't have a few factors working against him.
Some fiercely talented candidates are being considered for 2020, like Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, and Cory Booker — not to mention there's still a chance Oprah Winfrey could run. Biden will also be 78 years old not long after the 2020 election, so age may be a deterrent.
There are plenty of things to seriously consider, but we'll be able to gain more insight into Biden's life when Promise Me, Dadis published on Nov. 14.
TopicsBooksBarack ObamaDonald TrumpJoe BidenPolitics
Richard Branson 'thought he was going to die' in bike accident2025-04-03 17:17
捉鬼 !又捉鬼 !曼聯老戲新編 英媒:這次捉出來了2025-04-03 17:05
官方:社區盾杯7月31日在王權球場進行 利物浦VS曼城2025-04-03 16:53
海港已為奧斯卡預訂飛中國的機票 穆伊世預賽附加賽後歸隊2025-04-03 16:30
This 'sh*tpost' bot makes terrible memes so you don't have to2025-04-03 16:08
沒臉吃!曼聯取消頒獎晚宴 因球員尷尬慚愧不好意思2025-04-03 15:55
津媒:若有球隊退賽 足協不會遞補低級別聯賽球隊升超2025-04-03 15:54
國安中超備戰進入衝刺階段 謝峰強調最多的就是全力以赴2025-04-03 15:12
Two astronauts just installed a new parking spot on the International Space Station2025-04-03 14:57
媒體人:泰山不會讓郝偉辭職 俱樂部需加強內部管理2025-04-03 14:43
Xiaomi accused of copying again, this time by Jawbone2025-04-03 17:20
穆裏尼奧 :羅馬本賽季表現很棒 很高興回意甲執教2025-04-03 17:19
法國大名單:本澤馬姆巴佩領銜 博格巴吉魯缺席2025-04-03 17:18
西甲資訊 :馬競塞維獲歐冠資格 萊萬特阿拉維斯降級2025-04-03 16:53
Watch MTV's Video Music Awards 2016 livestream2025-04-03 16:38
傑拉德怒懟記者 :誠信毋庸置疑 你的提問有失公平2025-04-03 15:47
法國大名單:本澤馬姆巴佩領銜 博格巴吉魯缺席2025-04-03 15:45
傑拉德:維拉並非無欲無求 贏下這兩場是我的責任2025-04-03 15:32
Airbnb activates disaster response site for Louisiana flooding2025-04-03 15:21
銳體育 :世界第一中場的隕落 博格巴之過OR曼聯的錯 ?2025-04-03 15:21