时间:2025-04-03 10:08:17 来源:网络整理编辑:娛樂
LONDON -- Top Gearpresenter Chris Evans has announced that he's stepping down from his role on the s
LONDON -- Top Gearpresenter Chris Evans has announced that he's stepping down from his role on the show.
SEE ALSO:We took a wild racecar ride with The Stig from 'Top Gear'The British presenter, who replaced Jeremy Clarkson and Co. after the infamous 2015 "fracas" which resulted in the decision not to renew Clarkson's contract, announced his resignation via a tweet on Monday afternoon.
Tweet may have been deleted
Evans followed up the announcement by saying that he'll continue to focus on his other projects, including Radio Two and Children in Need.
Tweet may have been deleted
"Chris is stepping down from his duties on Top Gear," wrote BBC Studios Director Mark Linsey in an online statement. "He says he gave it his best shot doing everything he could to make the show a success. He firmly believes that the right people remain, on both the production team and presenting team to take the show forward and make it the hit we want it to be.
"The new series has so far notched up over 30 million views in the UK alone and has already been sold to 130 territories worldwide."
In his own statement, Evans said he'll always be a fan of the show but that stepping down was the "single best thing" he could do.
“I have never worked with a more committed and driven team than the team I have worked with over the last twelve months," he said. "I feel like my standing aside is the single best thing I can now do to help the cause. I remain a huge fan of the show, always have been, always will be. I will continue to focus on my radio show and the allied events that it encompasses.”
Matt LeBlanc and the other presenters weren't mentioned in any of the statements, but Linsey's comments -- particularly the bit about the right people remaining -- seems to imply he'll be staying.
Mashablehas reached out to the BBC with additional questions and we will update this article if we receive a response.
UPDATE: July 4, 2016, 4:17 p.m. BST The BBC has confirmed to Mashablethat Matt LeBlanc's role will be staying the same, and that there are "no plans" to replace Chris Evans for the show's next season.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.
TopicsBBC
Xiaomi accused of copying again, this time by Jawbone2025-04-03 09:58
Pray for the dancing house that fell off stage during Katy Perry's BRIT Awards performance2025-04-03 09:58
The fascinating story behind the coolest name in basketball2025-04-03 09:44
Peeps Oreos taste nothing like Peeps, and that's a good thing2025-04-03 09:08
More than half of women in advertising have faced sexual harassment, report says2025-04-03 08:48
Baby panda just wants to cling onto his keeper and follow him everywhere2025-04-03 08:44
Riz Ahmed spoke to the British government about representation, and he nailed it2025-04-03 08:43
Adele invites drag impersonator on stage to belt tunes and take selfies2025-04-03 08:36
Here's George Takei chilling in zero gravity for the 'Star Trek' anniversary2025-04-03 07:28
Chelsea Clinton burns Trump on Twitter for his baffling Sweden remark2025-04-03 07:21
PlayStation Now game streaming is coming to PC2025-04-03 10:05
China's capital is replacing tens of thousands of taxis with electric cars to fight pollution2025-04-03 09:52
The internet wants to know WTH Kellyanne Conway is doing on the Oval Office couch2025-04-03 09:44
Google wants to give you back your face when you're in VR2025-04-03 09:16
More than half of women in advertising have faced sexual harassment, report says2025-04-03 08:54
Strongest storm in years, Cyclone Enawo, strikes Madagascar2025-04-03 08:47
Gloria Steinem refuses to talk sh*t about Emma Watson, obviously2025-04-03 08:44
Jordan Peele gets the elusive 100% on Rotten Tomatoes for 'Get Out'2025-04-03 08:25
Major earthquake and multiple aftershocks rock central Italy2025-04-03 08:22
Trump thinks something terrible happened in Sweden, so here come the IKEA and ABBA jokes2025-04-03 07:22