时间:2025-04-04 01:31:23 来源:网络整理编辑:知識
The chaos that occurred in Charlottesville this weekend and the incendiary words of President Donald
The chaos that occurred in Charlottesville this weekend and the incendiary words of President Donald Trump that followed have given the "alt-right" a new antagonist to blame in the "alt-left."
SEE ALSO:The internet attempts to comprehend Trump's unhinged press conferenceSuch is the case with the planned protests that were slated to be carried out at several Google locations around the nation this coming weekend in response to the firing of James Damore, the software engineer who wrote the controversial anti-diversity "manifesto." Organizers have indefinitely postponed the protests, blaming "alt-left terrorist threats."
Trump rattled off the phrase "alt-left" in his fiery press conference on Tuesday, a term extremist researchers have said was made up by the far-right to refer to left-leaning groups they don't like.
Trump seemed to lump a wide array of Charlottesville counter-protesters together in his comments (while at the same time complaining about the media's generalization of protesters spouting Nazi slogans as white supremacists). There's no group that self-identifies as "alt-left," but vocal "alt-right" leaders have maliciously used the label when talking about Occupy Wall Street and Black Lives Matter protesters. The "alt-right" rose to prominence during the 2016 election and includes an amalgam of populists, racists, and white supremacists.
The #MarchOnGoogle protests were spearheaded by Jack Posobiec, a popular figure among members of the "alt-right," best known for helping to propagate the #Pizzagate and Seth Rich conspiracies.
The marches were to take place in nine cities where Google has offices.
Despite our clear and straightfoward statements denouncing bigotry and hatred, CNN and other mainstream media made malicious and false statements that our peaceful march was being organized by Nazi sympathizers.
Following the articles, credible threats from known Alt Left terrorist groups have been reported to and relevant authorities have been notified.
Earlier this week, Posobiec shared a story from CNN, which described the Google protests as being organized by "white nationalists."
Tweet may have been deleted
In the wake of the story, Posobiec has lashed out at CNN, calling the report "defamation" and even physically traveled to one of their offices to demand an apology.
Prior to CNN's report, Posobiec said in a previous post that the #MarchOnGoogle events were not "alt-right" rallies, but, rather, "an event for First Amendment supporters from across the country, from all backgrounds, ethnicity, and walks of life" while also denouncing groups like the KKK.
In the wake of Damore's firing, he became something of a cause celeb amongst many online, including some members of the "alt-right." But Damore himself has claimed he doesn't support the "alt-right."
According to Posobiec, one of the threats received over the Google events involved driving a car into the group of protesters, the same act of violence that unfolded in Charlottesville over the weekend.
In that incident, an Ohio man who was there to protest the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee, allegedly drove his car into a crowd of counter-protesters, killing a 32-year-old woman, Heather Heyer, and injuring over a dozen others.
Mashablehas reached out to Posobiec for comment.
As for the accusations against the "alt-left," Posobiec and other Trump supporters now seem even more comfortable playing up the shadowy term that Trump made mainstream. Posobiec's used the term a handful of times since the 2016 election.
Tweet may have been deleted
And we can expect to see the term thrown into the national discourse even more now as Trump has seemingly drawn a line in the sand for the duration of his presidency.
TopicsGooglePolitics
Fake news reports from the Newseum are infinitely better than actual news2025-04-04 01:25
姆巴佩或為巴黎再效力3年 2024奧運會後再去皇馬2025-04-04 01:05
於大寶:12強賽沒有一場容易的比賽 結果才是最重要的2025-04-04 00:41
全滿貫!法國集齊四大冠軍頭銜 歐洲杯折戟後正名2025-04-04 00:26
Nate Parker is finally thinking about the woman who accused him of rape2025-04-04 00:15
津門虎明日啟程赴大連賽區 卡達爾仍需7天隔離觀察2025-04-04 00:06
王燊超談助攻武磊絕殺 :既是默契也是精心策劃2025-04-03 23:55
中沙三線PK:國足全麵被動還善變 沙特鋒將愛虐菜2025-04-03 23:55
Donald Trump's tangled web of Russian influence2025-04-03 23:44
拉波爾塔:的確希望梅西免費留隊 但不能提這種要求2025-04-03 22:47
Here's what 'Game of Thrones' actors get up to between takes2025-04-04 01:16
國足飛抵沙特吉達駐地酒店 隔離等待核酸檢測結果2025-04-04 01:16
意大利核心2戰比利時造3球 助曼奇尼取最快30勝2025-04-04 00:39
沙特媒體:中國男足小組最弱 戰勝國足繼續領跑2025-04-04 00:28
Honda's all2025-04-04 00:24
武磊透露進球戰術:是2013年徐導帶我們第一年踢中超的套路2025-04-04 00:04
李毅 :國足兩球領先後鬆懈了 下場對戰沙特會更苦2025-04-03 23:48
阿根廷VS烏拉圭前瞻 :梅西蘇神再會 勞塔羅或複出2025-04-03 23:46
Tourist survives for month in frozen New Zealand wilderness after partner dies2025-04-03 23:14
C羅發雞湯:一如既往自豪為國出戰 要晉級世界杯2025-04-03 22:53