时间:2025-04-04 09:55:50 来源:网络整理编辑:百科
Donald Trump's transition team has confirmed that Michael Flynn Jr., the son of Trump's national sec
Donald Trump's transition team has confirmed that Michael Flynn Jr., the son of Trump's national security adviser, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, has lost his job. The announcement follows a series of tweets in which Flynn Jr. fanned the #Pizzagate conspiracy theory.
SEE ALSO:An armed vigilante decided to investigate 'Pizzagate,' is quickly arrestedFlynn, 33, "was helping his father with some administration and scheduling duties early on in the transition process," Trump team spokesman Jason Miller said, adding that he is "no longer involved with the transition efforts."
In one of his tweets, Flynn Jr said: "Until #Pizzagate proven to be false, it'll remain a story. The left seems to forget #PodestaEmails and the many "coincidences" tied to it."
Tweet may have been deleted
Earlier this week, the #Pizzagate hoax led to a gunman firing shots inside the restaurant. The gunman, 28-year-old, Edgar Maddison Welch of Salisbury, North Carolina, was arrested after entering Comet Ping Pong armed with an assault rifle and firing a shot.
Welch claimed he was investigating conspiracy theories about Hillary Clinton and campaign chairman John Podesta running a child sex ring inside of the pizzeria.
Though the The New York Timesdebunked the fake news story back in November, the buzz generated on social media sites continued.
While the Trump team confirmed Flynn's departure, it didn't confirm it was related to the tweets.
Vice President-elect Mike Pence acknowledged Tuesday that the younger Flynn was helping his father with scheduling and administrative items during the presidential transition, but told CNN"that's no longer the case."
Asked repeatedly whether a security clearance was requested, Pence refused to answer directly. "Whatever the appropriate paperwork was to assist him in that regard, Jake, I'm sure was taking place," he said.
Gen. Flynn, 57, also posted fake news on social media.
Less than a week before the election, he tweeted a link to a story that falsely claimed Clinton emails contained proof of money laundering and sex crimes involving children, among other illegal activities. The incoming national security adviser called the baseless story a "must read" and instructed his followers: "U decide."
The Associated Press contributed reporting.
TopicsDonald Trump
This German startup wants to be your bank (without being a bank)2025-04-04 09:39
導演 :C羅尊重和梅西的關係 兩人相互成就互相推動2025-04-04 09:31
因斯:C羅自私絕非好榜樣 自己進不去球就亂發脾氣2025-04-04 08:58
武漢三鎮官宣巴西前鋒戴維森加盟 曾是葡超聯賽MVP候選人2025-04-04 08:52
The five guys who climbed Australia's highest mountain, in swimwear2025-04-04 08:36
波叔:梅西戰皇馬會做重要貢獻 巴黎等歐冠50年了2025-04-04 08:36
數據預測歐冠:曼城42%進決賽 曼聯奪冠不足1%2025-04-04 08:30
1億打水漂 !曝博格巴今夏自由離隊 願加盟英超豪門2025-04-04 08:10
The Weeknd teases new music in Instagram post2025-04-04 07:27
梅西失點很抱歉!被打全隊最低分 內馬爾貼心安慰2025-04-04 07:10
This company is hiring someone just to drink all day2025-04-04 08:49
因斯:C羅自私絕非好榜樣 自己進不去球就亂發脾氣2025-04-04 08:43
拜仁防線進補確定方向 領袖型中衛+速度型右後衛2025-04-04 08:40
曼聯更衣室又要炸 ? C羅鬧小團隊惹怒眾英格蘭國腳2025-04-04 08:15
Olympian celebrates by ordering an intimidating amount of McDonald's2025-04-04 08:03
迷霧重重!拜仁三星遭死亡威脅 恐嚇信卻寄錯地 ?2025-04-04 07:57
王珊珊 :我們沒有人不想踢好球 支持中國女足希望不隻靠嘴2025-04-04 07:40
中日韓周報 :孫興慜破門難止熱刺連敗 李磊送助攻2025-04-04 07:26
Tyler, the Creator helped Frank Ocean celebrate 'Blonde' release in a delicious way2025-04-04 07:22
瑞士草蜢官宣賈博琰加盟 即刻租借克羅地亞聯賽練級2025-04-04 07:09