时间:2025-04-04 04:39:12 来源:网络整理编辑:時尚
Twitter staff proved to be unwavering in a response to the latest tough talk from the company's perh
Twitter staff proved to be unwavering in a response to the latest tough talk from the company's perhaps soon-to-be-owner Elon Musk.
The Tesla and Space X chief told potential investors that he'd fire about 75 percent of current Twitter employees should his takeover of the tech company go through, the Washington Post reported last week. Time Magazinereported Tuesday that staff at Twitter have penned an open letter protesting that idea, calling it a "reckless" threat that would "hurt Twitter’s ability to serve the public conversation."
Time's Billy Perrigo reported that the letter is circulating among staff, laying out demands for respect, safety, protection, and dignity if the Musk deal closes.
"We demand transparent, prompt and thoughtful communication around our working conditions," the letter read. "We demand to be treated with dignity, and to not be treated as mere pawns in a game played by billionaires."
Tweet may have been deleted
The letter, according to Time, said the employees would not be intimated and that threatening workers' jobs threatened the platforms ability to "uplift independent journalism in Ukraine and Iran, as well as powering social movements around the world." The letter read, in part:
A threat to workers at Twitter is a threat to Twitter’s future. These threats have an impact on us as workers and demonstrate a fundamental disconnect with the realities of operating Twitter. They threaten our livelihoods, access to essential healthcare, and the ability for visa holders to stay in the country they work in. We cannot do our work in an environment of constant harassment and threats.
Just because Musk claimed he would fire 75 percent of staff, however, doesn't mean he necessarily would be willing or able to do so. The billionaire does have a penchant for exaggeration and making bold, baseless claims. Mashable's Chris Taylor wrote about how Musk "probably won't fire 75 percent of Twitter," noting that it could be a move to please investors and that he's actually said in the past that he'd increase the company's headcount. In short, Musk says a lot, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will happen.
It remains to be seen if the Musk deal for Twitter actually, finally goes through this time, though it now seems much more likely than it had in the past. The funding for the $44 billion purchase price is still coming together but lots of potential hurdles have already been cleared.
If the deal does go through, we should know by end of the week. From there, who knows what happens.
TopicsTwitterElon Musk
Despite IOC ban, Rio crowds get their political messages across2025-04-04 04:14
三連敗預定 ?曼聯僅剩15人可戰切爾西 替補席就4人2025-04-04 04:11
亞冠西亞區八強 :利雅得新月領銜 沙特三隊出線2025-04-04 03:52
拉莫斯 :雖然隻為巴黎踢了幾小時 但我已融入球隊2025-04-04 03:23
Give your kitchen sponge a rest on this adorable bed2025-04-04 03:20
官方:烏超聯賽提前結束 保持現有積分且不設冠軍2025-04-04 03:13
河北隊潛心備戰 主帥金鍾夫即將結束隔離與球隊匯合(圖)2025-04-04 03:09
銳體育:屠龍勇士化身成龍 利物浦高效肢解打完收工2025-04-04 03:03
Tourist survives for month in frozen New Zealand wilderness after partner dies2025-04-04 02:30
官方 :阿德裏安、黃紫昌、鍾義浩等5人加盟河南嵩山龍門2025-04-04 02:17
Teacher absolutely nails it with new homework policy2025-04-04 04:21
媒體人 :深足內部對領導敢怒不敢言 戴偉浚去年4月就想去歐洲2025-04-04 03:56
亞冠西亞區八強 :利雅得新月領銜 沙特三隊出線2025-04-04 03:54
意大利獲勞倫斯年度最佳團隊獎 曼奇尼:全隊共榮2025-04-04 03:42
Ivanka Trump's unpaid interns share cringeworthy financial advice2025-04-04 03:30
曝深圳新讚助商已就位 大概能帶來7000萬元的費用2025-04-04 03:06
曼城的流暢皇馬的堅韌 這場歐冠半決賽是足球的活廣告2025-04-04 02:57
陝西長安競技官方:歡迎吳龑、馮剛等5名球員加盟2025-04-04 02:52
Give your kitchen sponge a rest on this adorable bed2025-04-04 02:12
從0比7到0比4泰山進步明顯 ?拚到大邱球員都抽筋了2025-04-04 02:11