时间:2025-04-04 05:01:46 来源:网络整理编辑:焦點
After a drone-induced shutdown, London's Gatwick Airport is back up and running again.Still at large
After a drone-induced shutdown, London's Gatwick Airport is back up and running again.
Still at large, however, are the drones which caused around 1,000 flights to be diverted or cancelled over three days late last week, with Sussex Police investigating 67 drone sightings made by the public.
SEE ALSO:This drone was built to detect and take down 'rogue' dronesAuthorities also recovered a damaged drone, which comes after two suspects were released without charge on Sunday. Earlier, police had some doubt if there was genuine drone activity.
Detective Chief Superintendent Jason Tingley told BBC News that no footage of the drone had been obtained, and that there was "always a possibility" the drone sightings could be mistaken.
Tweet may have been deleted
As investigations continue, Gatwick Airport has offered a £50,000 ($63,000) reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the disruption.
The incident has also led to enquiries as how something seemingly inconsequential as a drone could cause such a problem for the airport.
"The government was repeatedly warned about the risks posed by drones to aviation but failed to act," transport secretary of the opposing Labour Party, Andy McDonald, said in a statement online.
"The delay in bringing forward legislation is indicative of this government's failure to concentrate on the day-to-day business in front of them. They have taken their eye off the ball. The scale of disruption is unacceptable and it demands that we find out how this was allowed to happen, which is why Labour are calling for an independent inquiry."
According to The Guardian, a proposed bill to control drones was forgotten about last year, as the UK government increased its energies on Brexit. A Gatwick Airport spokesperson told the publisher it couldn't find an appropriate anti-drone solution.
"While Gatwick has been trialling a selection of systems that might help detect and disrupt drones for some time, there is no single proven commercial solution available that could have prevented the sustained, prolonged and unprecedented attack that occurred at the airport recently," the spokesperson said.
It's the same threat that could face U.S. airports, Bloomberg reports, as counter-drone technology tested by the FAA performed poorly. These systems generated a number of false sightings, while the saturation of radio broadcasts around the airport made drones hard to detect.
So yeah, don't be surprised if something like this happens again.
TopicsCybersecurityDrones
Photos show the Blue Cut fire blazing a path of destruction in California2025-04-04 04:34
多家媒體 :巴薩5年合同免簽切爾西鐵閘 已通過體檢2025-04-04 04:00
泰山前國腳崔鵬任一線隊助教輔佐郝偉 韓鵬周海濱返足校任教2025-04-04 03:52
拜仁前瞻 :諾伊爾有望複出救火 萊萬終結小球荒 ?2025-04-04 03:34
U.S. government issues warning on McDonald's recalled wearable devices2025-04-04 03:14
票選皇馬隊史最佳陣容 :C羅拉莫斯領銜 齊祖占兩席2025-04-04 03:09
某中超球員 :以前有球踢被羨慕 現在被問發錢了沒2025-04-04 03:08
沙特兩絕對主力將無緣對陣國足 中場絕對核心確定重新歸隊2025-04-04 02:57
Twitter grants everyone access to quality filter for tweet notifications2025-04-04 02:49
C羅失聯後重返曼聯訓練 名記炮轟:他一直在逃避2025-04-04 02:45
Olympian celebrates by ordering an intimidating amount of McDonald's2025-04-04 04:48
媒體人:國安外援人選不止奧甲三位 希望找到比埃拉類型2025-04-04 04:47
鬼打牆!利物浦三遇門柱君 28個主場不敗被終結2025-04-04 04:29
中日韓周報:孫興慜助熱刺大勝 武磊李磊替補出戰2025-04-04 04:28
The Weeknd teases new music in Instagram post2025-04-04 03:58
法媒:梅西內馬爾讓人非常失望 姆巴佩還得靠自己2025-04-04 03:30
曝深足一隊去年10月已開始欠薪 國腳戴偉浚已申請仲裁2025-04-04 03:12
皇馬球迷示好姆巴佩 魔笛:沒有球員不希望他加盟2025-04-04 02:58
Is Samsung's Galaxy Note7 really the best phone?2025-04-04 02:34
利物浦VS國米前瞻:薩拉赫衝神跡 藍黑翻盤需奇跡2025-04-04 02:30