时间:2025-04-04 10:10:12 来源:网络整理编辑:娛樂
Trump really misses Twitter but Twitter really doesn't miss him.In July, former-President Donald Tru
Trump really misses Twitter but Twitter really doesn't miss him.
In July, former-President Donald Trump announceda class action lawsuit against Big Tech companies – namely Facebook, Google, and Twitter – and its CEOs for, the suit alleges, violating the First Amendment when these outlets banned him from their platform following the events at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. (Months later, Trump also filed another lawsuitagainst Twitter in an attempt to get his account back.)
While the lawsuit was being propped up by Trump as a fundraising effort, the tech companies are obviously taking it seriously.
Twitter is now asking a federal judge to toss the case, as reported by Bloomberg. The social media company says Trump doesn't understand the First Amendment or free speech, and that Twitter's rights are what's actually being threatened here.
According to a federal court filing, Twitter and its former CEO Jack Dorsey argue "that Twitter is a private actor that is not constrained by the federal constitution." As such, Twitter can make decisions as to what content is allowed to be posted on its site. In fact, the company says that Trump "agreed to abide by Twitte's rules, and yet proceeded to repeatedly violate those rules."
Twitter's filing again lays out why Twitter banned Trump too, saying how the former president repeatedly tweeted false information about the 2020 vote, violating the company's policies. Trump continued to threaten the peaceful transfer of power, forcing the company to take further action by booting him from the platform.
SEE ALSO:Twitter recalls when we used to be a proper country in a new meme"The government cannot force the private operator of an online platform, such as Twitter, to disseminate speech with which the operator disagrees," argues Twitter in its filing.
It's been just over 11 months since supporters of former-President Donald Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol building in Washington DC in an attempt to overturn the results of the 2020 Presidential election. In the days following the event, multiple online platforms suspended or outright banned Trump.
Since then, Trump has tried to carve out his own space online. He started and quickly ended a little-trafficked blog. And, most recently, he announced a new social media platform of his own, TRUTH Social. While TRUTH has yet to officially launch, its already had its own issues, such as licensing issuesand trolls, who defaced the unreleased version of the platform.
TopicsTwitterPolitics
Satisfy your Olympics withdrawals with Nike's latest app2025-04-04 10:05
切爾西VS紐卡首發 :維爾納哈弗茨先發 盧卡庫替補2025-04-04 08:31
中超新軍梅州客家試訓多名內援 兩名前廣州隊球員在列2025-04-04 08:28
獲高分!登貝萊造3球全場最佳 5年後再助攻奧巴梅揚2025-04-04 08:15
New Zealand designer's photo series celebrates the elegance of aging2025-04-04 07:56
泰拳還是足球 ?泰國球員惡意肘擊 致對手縫了24針2025-04-04 07:50
柏林赫塔官方:前山東隊主帥馬加特成為球隊主教練2025-04-04 07:35
曼城前瞻:瓜帥誓複仇“倫敦之王” 藍月迎戰故人2025-04-04 07:31
Did our grandparents have the best beauty advice?2025-04-04 07:30
圖赫爾談出征裏爾:沒飛機就坐火車 再不行我開車去2025-04-04 07:25
Is Samsung's Galaxy Note7 really the best phone?2025-04-04 10:09
大連人遞補再進中超或並不抱希望 期待蹚出一條股改新路2025-04-04 10:03
意甲僅14隊滿足下賽季注冊資格 原本更是隻有兩隊2025-04-04 10:02
弗格森昔日采訪:C羅在哪都能戴帽 梅西隻屬於巴薩2025-04-04 09:03
How Hyperloop One went off the rails2025-04-04 08:59
中超徹底打破國內球員轉會名額限製 幫更多人找“飯碗”2025-04-04 08:54
沙特公布26人名單 :主帥微調四人 兩主力中衛歸隊2025-04-04 08:25
掉鏈子!國米讓出爭冠主動權 近6場聯賽隻贏了副班長2025-04-04 08:22
Twitter grants everyone access to quality filter for tweet notifications2025-04-04 08:15
知情人士:2200字長文是馮瀟霆親自完成 並非外人代筆2025-04-04 08:08