时间:2025-04-03 10:38:30 来源:网络整理编辑:時尚
UPDATE: Feb. 11, 2020, 3:32 p.m. CET A report from Spanish outlet La Vanguardia says the GSMA will h
UPDATE: Feb. 11, 2020, 3:32 p.m. CET A report from Spanish outlet La Vanguardia says the GSMA will hold a meeting on Friday, Feb 14. to decide whether to cancel the MWC in Barcelona altogether this year.
Intel, Vivo and NTT Docomo have joined the growing list of companies who have completely or partially withdrawn from this year's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Previously, Amazon, Ericsson, LG, Nvidia, Sony, TCL and ZTE said they will not attend (or will significantly scale down their presence) due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.
Vivo, the latest to withdraw, said on Tuesday it has "decided to withdraw from our debut at MWC 2020 and other related events later this month in Barcelona, Spain."
"The health and safety of our employees and the public are our top priority," a Vivo spokesperson said via email.
The company originally planned to announce its Apex 2020 concept phone at the MWC; now, it'll be introduced "soon."
Intel cited the "safety and wellbeing" of employees as its reasoning for completely withdrawing from the event, and NTT released a similar statement.
Besides these major exhibitors, a number of smaller companies, including Accedian and Amdocs, have also confirmed to Mashable their withdrawal from this year's MWC.
SEE ALSO:Mobile World Congress will be a ghost town this yearThe MWC 2020 takes place in Barcelona from February 24-27. It's a major mobile technology and telecommunications event with a typical attendance of more than 100,000. But this year, the coronavirus outbreak, which has so far taken 1,016 lives and infected more than 43,000 people globally, has prompted numerous exhibitors and participants to withdraw from the event.
MWC's organizer, the GSMA, has introduced stringent measures to reduce the danger, including temperature screening, banning access to travelers from China's Hubei province, and requiring all travelers who have been in China to demonstrate proof they have been outside of China for at least 14 days. At the time of writing, the event is officially still on.
TopicsMobile World CongressCOVID-19
Katy Perry talks 'Rise,' her next batch of songs, and how to survive Twitter2025-04-03 10:31
A parent's guide to Skibidi Toilet: What is it and why is it so popular?2025-04-03 10:22
Google Password Manager now lets you share your passwords with family2025-04-03 09:35
The FCC announces potential labeling for AI in political ads2025-04-03 09:34
Tesla's rumored P100D could make Ludicrous mode even more Ludicrous2025-04-03 09:20
iOS 18: A mysterious new audio feature is reportedly coming to Apple Music2025-04-03 09:16
Microsoft Build 2024: What to expect2025-04-03 09:09
The FCC announces potential labeling for AI in political ads2025-04-03 09:08
Cat gets stuck in the most awkward position ever2025-04-03 08:45
Cicadas love to land on people. Experts explain why.2025-04-03 07:57
Fake news reports from the Newseum are infinitely better than actual news2025-04-03 10:24
Manchester City Women vs. Arsenal Women 2024 livestream: Watch WSL for free2025-04-03 10:21
Best Apple iPad Air deal: Save $150 at Amazon2025-04-03 10:17
Wordle today: The answer and hints for May 282025-04-03 10:09
Airbnb activates disaster response site for Louisiana flooding2025-04-03 09:51
Wordle today: The answer and hints for May 172025-04-03 09:41
iPad Air 2024: 2 new features that iPad Air 2022 doesn't have2025-04-03 09:33
The FCC announces potential labeling for AI in political ads2025-04-03 09:32
Two states took big steps this week to get rid of the tampon tax2025-04-03 09:13
Where to pre2025-04-03 08:00